Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tis the Season



The inside of my house looks like a crappy Christmas display from Home Goods. Sadly, the outside is not reflecting the nature of the season. 

I think this year has been the best Christmas so far for expendable cash to spend on others, but the least Christmas-ee feeling of them all.


Maybe I’ve become disillusioned by having to deal with the very worst kind of Christmas spirits. Anyone working in customer service will know who I’m talking about. 


I get the shopping frustration, especially when dealing with technology based gifts geared toward 90 year old shoppers, but the rudeness is almost shocking. 

I’ve been sworn at when relaying bad news, called inept by someone who doesn’t even know where the refresh button is on her browser, called a liar while pasting the truth typed on the page verbatim, and worthless because I cannot put someone’s order to the front of the line because they want it so. 

Thankfully, there are also my saving graces. The really sweet, kind people who understand mistakes, who understand technological and personal learning curves, and those who admit that maybe it’s their fault or the programs fault or something out of everyone's control and accept the problem with grace and kindness. 



The season colors things in many ways. 


I'm trying to not let the dark block out all the twinkly lights







4 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of working at Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who did retail for 3 Christmases, I totally get it. It's terrible, but those nice people can make up for it. Focus on those, and only a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any kind of customer service is always brutal. I used to work in a restaurant, and people take their food very seriously. And I was always the first person they talked to if something was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is why I don't miss retail. Working with the public will for sure stink at times. People don't understand things and prefer to blame you for their problems. 9 times out of 10 it's nothing you did but you're the person in front of them.
    I really didn't feel much in the Christmas spirit either. I am however looking forward to a new year and all the possibilities that come along with it xx

    ReplyDelete