Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crafty Sunday


I actually had all my homework done on Friday. Which meant for the first time since school started, I had nothing to do on a weekend. 

It was nice…for about two seconds, and then I was bored. So, I decided to do some Pinspired crafts. 

I wanted to try my hand at wreath making. We have a tree in the backyard that is shedding its leaves like crazy so I had more than enough supplies for this first project: a leaf wreath. Coming from someone who isn't exactly an expert crafter, I was proud of the end results. 

Original
Mine :)
                     















All I used was some floral wire tripled up, a crap ton of leaves, and some ribbon, et voilĂ !

Next, I had a surplus of toilet paper tubes since I like making things with them, and I decided to make a Halloween wreath inspired by this: 
Source

This was a little more involved but short and sweet as well. 

Starting with toilet paper tubes, measuring tape, a pencil and some scissors, I cut the tubes in half inch wide rings. 


Then, after I cut enough for my needs, I painted them. I recommend spray paint to save time, but sadly I had none and had to paint each individually. It was time consuming, but it staved off boredom. 



 Once dry, assemble your circle, bust out the hot glue gun and put that together. Then I took my orange tubes and cut them in half to make the curly bits, before glueing them wherever. Using the left over curly bits, I made the "Happy Halloween" for the middle.

Crappy lighting, sorry!


The original post used thicker cardboard tubing, which is why their's is more substantial, but mine was relatively free, so I dig it, amateur looking and all. 

Follow me on Pinterest: Nikki0510!





0 comments:

Post a Comment